Monday, April 28, 2014

Face Of The Day + Mini Review: Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream

Hello Lovelies, 

Today I have a Face Of The Day & review of Olay's Fresh Effects BB Cream. I got mine at Big Lots for only $5.00 but they usually retail somewhere between $10.00 & $15.00. I found mine there a couple weeks ago but I have been back since & they still have them. I posted a photo on my Instagram (@madeupandtrue) the day that I bought it. So let's get into the FOTD first. 


Face:
-L'OREAL Revitalift Miracle Blur: Used as primer mainly for the sunscreen
-Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream in Fair to Light: Used all over the face
-Revlon ColorStay Concealer in Fair: Used to cover up some redness on the chin & cheeks
-Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch in Radiant & L'OREAL Magic Lumi in Fair: Mixed together & used under the eyes & on lids
-Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder in Fair: Used to set everything

Cheeks:
-Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Light & MAC Blush in Cream Soda (Limited Edition): Mixed together on the cheeks

Eyes:
 -Maybelline Color Tattoo in Nude Compliment (Limited Edition): Used all over the lid
-Covergirl Single Eyeshadow in French Vanilla: Used on inner corners & under the brows
-Revlon PhotoReady Kajal in Purple Reign: Purple end on the outer third of the upper lash line & cream side on the bottom waterline
-Revlon ColorStay Brow Enhancer in Blonde: Tinted wax side used to fill in brows 
-Maybelline The Rocket Waterproof: Used on upper lashes

Lips:
-N.Y.C. Applelicious Glossy Balm 

The overall look:
 

Now, let's talk about the BB Cream itself. 

Pros:
- You get a good amount, 2.5 fl oz
- Smells good, it's very fresh & light. I get a defiant green apple scent
- Moisturizing 
- A little goes a long way
- Has SPF 15
- Good price if found at Big Lots

Cons:
- Could come off greasy looking if your skin is oily at all
- Has little to almost no coverage
- Over priced if not found at Big Lots
- Small color range, only 2 that I know of
-Coverage can't really be built up

Final thoughts:
This makes a nice moisturizer but I wouldn't want to count on this for coverage unless your skin is basically perfect already. It defiantly needs to be set with a powder but that still doesn't guarantee that it will last all day. I will continue to use this until it's gone but I wouldn't repurchase it even for only $5.00 but I am glad that I was able to satisfy my curiosity. 


Have you tried this BB Cream yet? Do you want to?

Until next time...
Stay True & Stay You
--Frankie--

No comments:

Post a Comment