Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Rainbow Tag!

Hello again beauty friends! 
Today I have for you another tag. This one has been going around for a bit now & looked like fun. For those of you who aren't familiar with this tag you simply go through the colors of the rainbow & pick your favorite thing that is that color. Let's get started...

Red:

 NYX single eyeshadow in Cherry. This is on of my favorite eyeshadows in my collection. It's such a fun color. It does have a bit of pink in it so it isn't super red which may make it a bit more wearable for some people who are otherwise scared off by a red eyeshadow. 

Orange:

For orange I chose my favorite scent at the moment which is Wild Peach Poppies from Bath & Body Works. This smells wonderful. To me it is a light, fresh peach with just a hint of some type of floral note. It just might be my favorite scent from Bath & Body Works ever...too bad it was limited edition! That seems to always happen to me, the scents that I really fall in love with aren't around for too long & sadly this little beauty has already sold out. :(

Yellow:


For yellow I have another little gem from Bath & Body Works for you. It's their PocketBac in Jungle Fruit. The scent for this one is just a generic fruity smell but what makes it special for me are the little elephants! I have loved elephants since I was a baby. I have pretty much elephant everything. So, when I saw these in the store I just HAD to have some. I bought about 10, haha. Yeah, I went a little crazy but they change these out so much I didn't want to miss out on them. 


Green:


For green I have another on of my favorite eyeshadows to share with you. It's Envy from Wet N Wild. What I usually do with this shadow is line my lash line with a green or black eyeliner & then set that liner with this shadow. It makes my hazel eyes look more green, which is something I'm always up for. It can also be a beautiful lid or crease color. You can even do a one shadow look with it by putting it all over the lid then blending it out into your crease. All around it's just perfect. 

Blue:


For blue I have this wonderful tinted lip balm from MAC in the color Glace. This was from their Baking Beauties Collection. As you can see in the swatch above it doesn't show up very blue on the lips. It has that yummy vanilla smell that all MAC lip products seem to have...I'm not complaining though. This is rather sticky so if you aren't a fan of sticky lip glosses then I would say pass on this one. Also, I don't get why it's called a "lip balm" because to me it seems more like just a regular gloss. Either way though, I still love it. 

Indigo:


For indigo I decided to go with this polish from Wet N Wild. It's from their Megalast line & the color is called On A Trip. I love painting my toes this color in the Spring & Summer months. It's just so pretty. I have painted my finger nails with this before but to be honest on me I prefer it on my toes. I have it on right now...I wouldn't subject you to a photograph of my feet though, haha. 

Violet:


For violet I had to go with this beautiful color in the center of this LA Colors trio. The trio is called Magnolia (which is happens to be my favorite flower) & this violet/purple shade in the middle is to die for. I've had this trio for a little over a month now & if I'm feeling a purple eye this has been my go to shadow. I just can't get enough of it. Plus, the other shades are gorgeous as well.

Pink:


So, with this color I had to cheat a little bit & go with two products. I just couldn't decide between the two! The first one is something relatively new from Sally Hansen called Colorfast Tint + Moisture Balm. Mine is in the shade In The Pink. As you can see from the photograph above it is a nice neutral pink that would go with pretty much any eye look. It has good staying power & when they say moisture, they mean it. It makes my lips so smooth & soft. It has a very slight vanilla-ish scent to it but I can barely smell it even when holding it up to my nose. The other one is yet another Wet N Wild product. Can you tell I like them? This is from their Fergie collection & it's called To Reflect Shimmer Palette in the color Rose Champagne Glow. This has become my favorite highlight from the drugstore of all time (so far). The swatch above is a bit heavy so that you can see the color better but sheered out on top of the cheeks bones it is beautiful. It isn't exactly what I would consider a "natural" looking highlight to be but that's one of the things that I love about it. I personally a strong highlight on the cheeks & cupid's bow. 

Multi-Color:

 Again I had to cheat with this one & go with two products. They are just both so good I had share both. The one on the left is from Avon's Mark line & is called touch & glow shimmer cream cubes. I've had this for about a year now & I still find myself reaching for it quite often. It can be used to highlight anywhere on the face or even under eyeshadows. I like to use it best as a highlighter. Although this is a cream product it isn't a soft cream, which I like. The three swatches on the left of my hand a random colors & as you can see they can be quite pigmented or sheered out. The product on the right is another treasure from MAC's Baking Beauties Collection. It's a Pearlmatte Face Powder in Pink Buttercream. This is swatched to the right of my hand. As you can see when all of the colors are swatched to together it makes a silvery, pink, slight blue-ish color. The powder itself is so smooth & silky. It's also really pretty in the pan. It's defiantly my favorite high end highlighter & probably my favorite MAC product. This can be very sheered out for a more natural looking highlight or can be built up a bit for more of a dramatic highlight. Either way you wear it gives a lovely effect on the cheeks, cupid, eyebrow...wherever.



Since highlighters kind of took over this tag, what's your favorite highlighter? 


And as always, 
Stay True & Stay You...
<3 Frankie











 







No comments:

Post a Comment