Saturday, December 14, 2013

Using ELF's 56 Piece Makeup Artist Collection + First Impressions

Hello lovelies, 
Today I have for you a Face Of The Day using for the first time ELF's 56 piece makeup artist collection. You can find this kit on ELF's website here or maybe at your local Target with other Holiday sets from ELF. It retails for $20.00 but ELF's often has some kind of deal going on through the site. 

Here's a look at the kit & what comes with it:
From ELF's website-
This 56 piece set includes:
40 Eyeshadow Colors
5 Blushes
5 Bronzers
1 Blush & Bronzer Brush
1 Eyeshadow Brush
1 Brightening Eyeliner Pencil
1 Mascara
1 Liquid Eyeliner
1 Eyelid Primer

Now for some close up photos & swatches:

 (only random colors swatched, not all)

The blushes & bronzers were swatched without any primer. The eye shadows were swatched over the primer provided.

Now for the look:

 Back to the kit:

Pros:
-Nice variety of colors
-Other than face base products & brows you have everything you need in the kit
-The mascara is surprisingly good, not my favorite but it gets the job done
-The liquid eyeliner is good as well
-The blushes & most of the eye shadows have good pigmentation 
-Good price for the amount of things that you get in the kit
-The shadow brush is good. It's soft & easily picks up shadow. I like it best for placing color all over the lid
-The brushes have a pearl finish on the handles which look very nice

Cons:
-Eye shadows & blushes are a bit powdery & have some fallout
-The lighter colored shadows 
-The shadows fade on my somewhat oily lids without a colored base underneath of them
- The pencil eye liner isn't creamy at all, it drags & pulls on my lid when I try to use it & it just doesn't show up at all on my water line
-I'm not a fan of the eye primer (it's the one that cost a $1), I know a lot of people do but it just doesn't work well for. Maybe cause I have oily lids? I don't know. I just don't like it. 
-The blush/bronzer brush is rough & too smal (to me) for blush or bronzer. It is a good size for highlighter though.


Overall I do think that this kit is worth the $20.00 price tag & even more worth it if you can catch it on sale. The shadow shades are really lovely, so are the blushes & bronzers. I can see myself getting a lot of use out of this. So, if you have been thinking about picking this up I would say to go for it. 


What I used that wasn't provided in the kit:
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer
Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation in Ivory 
Evian Facial Spray 
ELF HD Lifting Concealer in Brightening 
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant 
L.A. Girl Color Balm in London Nude 
ELF Tone Correcting Powder in Cool 
ELF Eyebrow Kit in Light 
Revlon Photoready Kajal Eyeliner + Brightener in Purple Reign


Until Next Time...
Stay True & Stay You
--Frankie--

No comments:

Post a Comment