Tuesday, November 19, 2013

NYX Natural Palette

Hello lovelies.
Today I want to share with you my thoughts on NYX's Natural palette along with some photos. 
First of all this palette costs about $7.00. You can purchase it from the NYX's website here, from Cherry Culture here, or from your local Ulta store or their website here.

So here is a look at the palette itself:


 This palette looks really cute. Unfortunately though, this doesn't have the great pigmentation that I have come to expect from NYX. 

Take a look (all shades swatched with any primer):

 The 1st shade is a slightly pearly, sheer, white shade. The texture is quite soft & smooth though.
The 2nd shade is a glittery yellow with LOADS of fallout. Unlike the 1st shade the texture on this shade is a dry. I think due to the amount of glitter in it. 
The 3rd shade is a fairly matte orange-y brown shade. In the pan this looks like a nice color but as you can see from the photo above it is SO sheer that it's basically not there. The texture is soft & smooth.
The 4th shade is a light brown that has a slight golden touch to it. Like the 3rd shade this looks nice in the pan but it basically just doesn't show up. The texture is soft & smooth.


 The 5th shade is a taupe-ish shade that maybe leans a little on the brown side. I would say that this shade has a satin finish. The texture is soft & smooth.
The 6th shade is very dark chocolate brown that can almost look black. It has VERY tiny glitters in it. Once on the eye though the glitter really doesn't show up much at all so it ends up looking kind of matte. As you can see this is the most pigmented of the bunch but still isn't super awesome like most other NYX shadows that I have tried. The texture is soft & smooth.


Even though the pigmentation isn't all that great I think that the $7.00 isn't a bad price for this considering that a NYX single eyeshadow is $4.50. So, would I purchase this again? I'm not sure. Even though I have gotten use out of it I fill that I have other shades in my collection like these that are more pigmented. This would be really good for someone just starting out in makeup though. 

I hope that this was helpful. 
Until next time...
Stay True & Stay You
--Frankie--

No comments:

Post a Comment