Monday, November 4, 2013

Revlon Colorstay Shadowlinks Review

Hello my fellow makeup addicts.
Today I would like to share with you Revlon's new Shadowlinks Eyeshadows. 
Now, despite seeing mostly negative reviews on these thus far I just could help myself from picking up a few when they were buy one get one half off at Rite Aid. 

Let's take a closer look shall we?


These little guys will cost you about $2.99 each but that will of course vary depending on where you live & where you pick them up from. For that price you get .05 oz of product.

The colors that I picked up (from left to right):
Candy which is a Pearl finish
Lilac which is a Pearl finish 
Lime which is a Satin finish
Khaki which is Pearl finish

Now, the main attraction to these shadows is that they link together, hence the name "shadowlinks".
 Here is a little piece that sticks out of the left side of the shadows which slides into the right side of another shadow to link them together.

See the little "ditch" here? That is the part on the right side that another piece slides into .

Here you can see them all linked together. 

Now for the moment that you have all been waiting for....SWATCHES! 

These are swatched without primer. Left to Right again is Candy (pearl), Lilac(pearl), Lime(satin), & Khaki(pearl). The pearl finishes are somewhat glittery but not overly so. The satin finish is exactly that. These are a bit more pigmented than other colors that I have seen online but they are still a bit sheer. I have yet to wear these on the eye but the swatches are just kind of....eh. I'm not wowed but I'm always not super disappointed either. They are just okay. 

Would I recommend them? I would say that if there are any colors that you are REALLY interested in I would say go ahead & try them out when they are on sale & if you don't like them you can just return them if you are here in the USA, I'm not sure about else where. 

Until next time...
Stay True & Stay You
--Frankie--







No comments:

Post a Comment