Sunday, November 10, 2013

Revlon's Evening Opulence Collection 2013 Lip Products in Invite Only, Provocative, & Bejeweled

After searching & searching for this collection I finally found it! The display had been a bit picked over but I did manage to score both Lip Butters & one of the Colorburst Glosses. 

Here they are:

Let's talk about the Lip Butters first. Unlike the Lip Butters in the regular line the outside packaging isn't the same color of the actual Lip Butters. Instead, they are both silver. The actual Lip Butters LOOK like they are a teal & purple color but sadly they come out clear. Let's take a look. 

Left: Invite Only
Right: Provocative

At the top of my hand I have swatched Invite Only & the bottom is Provocative. 
Now for an even closer look. 

This is Invite Only. If you look super close you can see little bits of glitter. This one has more of a teal-ish colored glitter.

This is Provocative. As you can see the glitter in this one is more of a purple glitter. 

I have only seen a couple reviews of these so far & both people said that they don't like the look of glitter on their lips so they aren't too thrilled with these. I honestly don't really noticed the glitter since it is so tiny.What disappoints me the most about these is that they look exactly the SAME on lips. I was hoping that they would have a bit of pigment when applied but they don't. These usually run around $8.00 & I would say that these are NOT worth that price. If you were really wanting to try these I would say to just pick one & just remember that here in the USA if you save the receipt you can return them. 

Now for the Colorburst Gloss:
   Bejeweled

There were two other colors of the Colorburst Glosses in this collection but they honestly didn't interest me. In the tube this looks like a smokey lilac color, if that makes sense. Now for a swatch. 

Once I got this home & swatched it for the first time I realized that it reminded me of another Revlon gloss that has been discontinued. The Super Lustrous gloss in Lilac Pastel, the one in the old formula. So I did a little comparison. 



As you can see from the photo above the Colorburst one has a bit more of a pink look to it compared to the Super Lustrous one which is a true lilac. They are similar though. I would say that if you really love the Lilac Pastel one & wanted to cry when they didn't bring it back when they revamped the line (like me) then I would say that this is a good substitute for it but not really a dupe.


That's all for now! Hope you are all well. 

Until next time...
Stay True & Stay You
--Frankie--

No comments:

Post a Comment